Sunday 20 April 2014

FAIL Products #1

Hey guys! Some of my favourite things to read about are fail or disappointing products. We always hear about great products that we should try, but sometimes it's good to know what products just SUCK so we don't waste our money on them. These products may or may not have worked for you, but they DID NOT work for me, so I thought I'd share them.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, 005 Silky Beige
Luckily this product was very inexpensive, because I hate it. I hate the packaging, I hate that the main ingredient is talc (it clogs pores), I hate that it has mineral oil, I hate the finish, I hate that it doesn't keep me matte at all (this may be the most disappointing thing as this product claims to keepshine free for up to 5 hours) and I HATE how cakey this powder makes me look! Basically, I don't have one good thing to say about it. I have tried it on countless occasions and I just can't make it work for me.

I hate the junky packaging!!!!

Nars Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer Oil-Free
 This was a sample that I received from Sephora a while back, and I will definitely not be purchasing the full-size. There wasn't anything wrong with this product, per say. It just didn't do anything for me. It has no colour and went on very watery. It felt light and smelled fine, I just don't feel that it refined my pores at all or helped my makeup stay on any longer. This product retails for $38 for 1 oz. at Sephora, but I would skip it.


 Clinique Clarifying Lotion for Dry Combination Skin
 As you can see from the picture below, I did like this product at one time. I got through over half the bottle. The one thing that I did like when I used this after cleansing my face is that it really tightened up my pores and made them look significantly smaller. What I didn't like, and why I stopped using this product is that it contains alcohol which was drying my skin out completely, and this is the version for dry/combo skin! I simply couldn't find a moisturiser rich enough to hydrate my skin when I was using this product. This product also contains salicylic acid, which I avoid because it breaks me out (ironic, hey?). This toner has a very strong alcohol smell which I didn't like at all. I will be giving this product away. You can find it at Sephora or Clinique counters.

Dermaglow Glycolic 10% Gentle Peel Solution
I picked up this product at Shoppers Drug Mart after reading great reviews online. I was looking for a gentle way to enhance the radiance of my skin. You're supposed to use this product like a toner, which I did.I used this product as directed, on a cotton pad at night about 3 times a week. It was extremely gentle and had no scent. But guys, THIS PRODUCT BROKE ME OUT LIKE NO OTHER. I stopped using this immediately after I broke out so I was unable to tell if it really worked. I may keep this product and try using it just once a week, but definitely not more than that. I may even end up returning it.
Until next time,

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment