Monday 21 April 2014

My Favourite Lip Glosses!


Hey guys! Considering my blogs name, I thought that it was only time before I showed you my favourite lip glosses. I have 5 different lip glosses and 4 different formula's to show you. Here they are (in no particular order):

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in 180 Pink Pop (SPF 15)
I love everything about this product from the price ($7 at Walmart) to the finish. The Revlon Super Lustrous Glosses have one of the best formula's out there. They last a long time without being too sticky, have just enough colour and shine and overall just feel really nice on the lips. Pink Pop, my favourite colour from the line, is a bright, vibrant, semi-sheer hot pink and is one of my go-to summer colours! Plus I love that it has a little bit of SPF. This product has no scent.


Maybelline New York Color Sensational The Elixir in 080 Captivating Carnation
This product is my newest, yet one of my favourite lip gloss finds. This product actually claims to be more than just a lip gloss, claiming that it is a lip balm, lip stick and lip gloss all in one, and I agree. The formula is super smooth and hydrating like a lip balm, very opaque and pigmented like a lipstick and has the glossiness that I look for in a lip gloss. This product feels AMAZING, has a great, large applicator, and a fantastic vanilla scent! The colour is a creamy rose/mauve colour. It has no shimmer or sparkle whatsoever and is perfect for everyday. It retails at Walmart for $9.

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in 129 Beige
You'll notice that all of my lip gloss favourites have a similar feel- smooth and not at all sticky. This NYX gloss is no exception. It has a creamy texture and shiny finish with no sparkle. The colour is a beautiful midtone pink (not at all beige) that,is again, great for everyday wear. It looks great on its own, or paired over a pink lipstick to amp up the colour. The applicator is a great doe-foot applicator and the product has a yummy candy scent. I highly recommend this gloss! You can find it at Target in Canada.


Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Sophia
This gloss is actually a sample size that I received from Sephora (it is 0.07 fl oz. instead of the full size 0.15 fl oz.) but it has lasted such a long time and I absolutely love it. The formula is, again, not sticky and very shiny. This gloss, though, unlike the previous 3 has quite a bit of shimmer, which I like because it adds a nice, shiny lustre. It is definitely NOT glittery, so you don't have to worry about that! Sephora describes it as a "sweetheart pink", I would describe the colour as a sheer, pale, shimmery pink. The scent of these is lovely! It almost starts as a caramel scent, then turns into a peppermint scent. I like that because I find that it makes my breath fresher and minty. This product retails for $23 at Sephora.
 
 

Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly
Another sample sized Full-On Lip Polish, Dolly is said to be a cult favourite colour and I can see why. It is described as a "shimmering sultry mauve" and I completely agree. The colour is just so beautiful on its own! These glosses are said to have a tingling, plumping effect, and they do, but it is very, very subtle. This line of glosses is also great because it features TONS of colour selection and is formulated with no parabens or sulfates. I 100% recommend them.

From left to right- Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Sophia, Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly, NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Beige, Maybelline Color Sensational The Elixir in Captivating Carnation, Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Pop.
 
Do you own any of these glosses?
 
Until next time...
 
Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment