Saturday 26 April 2014

Recent Makeup Purchases (And Mini Reviews!)

Hey guys! Today I'm going to show you some recent makeup purchases, both from the drugstore and Sephora. I haven't tried all of these products yet, but for the ones that I have, I'll give a short review.

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation in 103 True Ivory
I have yet to try this foundation, but I've heard super great things about it and I'm excited to try it. Plus, I found it on sale for $7 (instead of $10). It claims to be a feather light, liquid mousse foundation that controls shine.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light

I really like this finishing powder! It is different than any other powder that I own because it has very sheer coverage. Most of the powders that I own has at least a light coverage. Diffused Light is described as "A soft, warm, pale yellow that reduces redness, eliminates shine, and gives skin clarity." I agree that this product does reduce redness, and does eliminate shine for a short amount of time (it is definitely not mattifying). It gives the skin a flawless, luminous finish. I like it for setting my under eye concealer because it is so finely milled that it doesn't look cakey. I love the luxurious, mirrored packaging, and overall, I would highly recommend this product.


MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20

I think this is the best concealer I have ever tried! It is matte, has AMAZING full coverage, and also blends right into the skin and doesn't look cakey! I love the pump applicator and this colour matches me perfectly. 

 
Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer & Highlighter in 230 Fair/Light
I picked this product up on a whim from my local drugstore because my dark under eye circles have been AWFUL lately. I like that this product is both a concealer and a highlighter so that it covers because (I'm hoping) it will cover and brighten all in one easy step. I can't wait to try this product!

 
Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
To me, there is nothing special about this product. I have tried it a few times and it's just okay. It's a brow gel.. similar to the clear Maybelline Great Lash, but 4x the price. I will probably keep this product because I don't hate it enough to return it, but next time I will just stick to drugstore brow gels that do exactly the same thing.

L'oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in Blackest Black
I like this mascara so far! It has a super black, not too watery but not too dry formula and doesn't flake off. The "butterfly" brush is also super cool and nice to use.

 
Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in 130 Tease

I think this may be my lip colour of the summer; I LOVE it! Although it looks very orange when swatched, it turns more of an orangey-coral when mixed with my natural lip colour. I love the super shiny formula and minty taste. 

 
NYX Butter Gloss in Eclair 

I like this gloss, and don't like it at the same time. I like how affordable it was, the yummy, sweet scent, the non-sticky texture and pretty light pink colour. I DON'T like how this product dries on my lips. It seems that after about an hour of wear, this gloss really dries out my lips! Although it starts off feeling very creamy and moisturising, after wearing for a while, my lips look really flaky. Has anyone else had this problem?

 
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat


I like this blush so far! The packaging is gorgeous and luxurious. The formula is very lightweight, but long lasting. It has a really nice sheen to it. The colour is described as a "vibrant poppy blush combined with Diffused Light for a subtle halo effect", although the colour looks more pink on my skin than poppy. I'm happy with this blush and would like to try more colours, but the $41 price tag is holding me back for the moment.

 
The Balm Instain Blush in Lace


I was SO excited to find The Balm cosmetics in my local London Drugs! I have never seen it in stores in Canada before! I was really excited to pick up one of their staining blushes because they claim to be long wearing and to give a flirty flush. I haven't tried it yet, but swatched this Lace colour looks soooo pretty and would be perfect for long, hot summer days. The packaging is also super cute (as all packaging from The Balm is!)


No comments:

Post a Comment